How to Pack Efficiently For a Long Trip
With my upcoming 2 week trip to Italy, I started preparing myself to pack light (I am not a light traveler. Can you tell?). Since we will be taking trains and traveling between 4 cities in Italy, we decided to carry one suitcase and a backpack for our family of 3.
Now the basic rules for packing efficiently are all over the internet. Here are the rules that I decided to follow:
- Plan on packing outfits and not options.
- One outfit per day and may be a couple extra.
- Pack light weight sleepwear that can be laundered easily for re-use
- Pack in travel cubes.
- No more than 2 travel cube per family member
- Organize all toiletries, makeup and medicine in travel pouches
- I usually have pre-packed travel pouches for these that I grab and go for all my trips. It saves a lot of time!
- Pack all shoes in shoe sleeves.
- Each family member gets 1 shoe sleeve. But I get an exception here and get 2. Hey- a girl needs her options!
Now that we have the logistics figured out, let's roll up our sleeves and get to work.
Here's what I decided to pack for me.
Here's how it looked after I packed everything up. VOILA! So compact
I can't wait to get on the plane and land in Italy. We are visiting some gorgeous cities in Italy.
Interested in knowing our toddler friendly Itinerary and the outfits I wore at the trip? Comment below and I will make it happen!